Board of Directors
Luminescence thanks our partners and patrons for their ongoing support, as well as the volunteers and board members who generously donate their time, energy and expertise. Our work would be impossible without their efforts.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Bronwyn McNaughton, Chair of the Board
Bob Prosser, Treasurer
Adam Majsay, Board Member
Elizabeth Minchin, Board Member
Rasa Daukus, Board Member
AJ America, Artistic Director
Luminescence is currently accepting applications for new appointments to our Board of Directors, including for the role of Secretary and Treasurer. Directors should have a strong commitment to the arts, vocal and choral music, and music education.
The role of a Luminescence Director includes:
- attending and actively participating in 3 ordinary Board meetings per year and an annual Strategy Day.
- actively participating in other specialised Board committees as relevant (e.g. Finance and Audit)
- providing strategic advice and expertise on matters arising to the Board and management (including monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the organisation’s program and performance, and maintaining accountability and compliance)
- representing and promoting the company and its programs and services to stakeholders, including government, philanthropic supporters and donors, and
- attending performances and fundraising events in Canberra and Sydney during the calendar year.
The Board secretary is an officer of Luminescence and a member of the Board. Luminescence's Board operates in a collegiate manner. The Board secretary will be expected to work with the directors and officers of Luminescence and participate in Board meetings. This role requires good inter-personal and organisational skills, as well as a strong commitment to the work of Luminescence. The Board secretary will take responsibility for the following:
- Administrative and clerical support to the Board and as an officer of Luminescence, serve on the Board
- Arranging timely meetings as required (Board, committees and AGM), distribute papers and keep accurate Board records eg minutes, action items, policy registers
- Signing official documents as required
- Tracking and managing regulatory filing responsibilities (other than financial)
- Maintaining lists of officers, directors and committee members
- Following up Board decisions
- Other duties as requested by the Chair and Board
- Working with other Luminescence personnel to further Luminescence's objectives and reputation in the community
Please note that Luminescence Chamber Singers is a not-for-profit organisation and Directors are not remunerated.
Please submit an expression of interest including a brief cover letter and your Curriculum Vitae—to Bronwyn McNaughton at firstname.lastname@example.org.