Luminescence Chamber Singers
"The clarity and accuracy of the singing of this group is quite extraordinary"
Len Power, Canberra CityNews
"Sitting up close to a group of singers who offer such a range of musical intimacy and profound vocal qualities might just be the greatest musical experience that can be realised."
Rob Kennedy, Canberra CityNews
"The singing is absolutely spell-binding and the voices divine"
Fiona Loader, Composer
"If laughing were a socially acceptable response to sublime music, I would have been cackling non-stop the entire concert!"
Josephine Gibson, Composer
NEWS FROM LUMINESCENCE
LUMINESCENCE CHILDREN'S CHOIR: JOIN US IN 2020!
Are you interested in singing with the Luminescence Children's Choir?
Luminescence Children's Choir is a treble choir for Canberra-based musicians aged 10-17. Luminescence offers young singers wonderful opportunities to meet and sing with like-minded musicians from across Canberra, to perform regularly and in professional environments, and to develop their musical skills. Join us in 2020! Read more.
Musicians aged 9+ are also eligible to enrol in our Sight-Singing School.
Join our Board of Directors
Luminescence is currently accepting applications for new appointments to our Board of Directors, including the position as Chair of the Board.
Luminescence Chamber Singers Inc. is seeking a new Chair with commitment to the Arts, vocal and choral music, and music education, as well as expertise in strategic development, planning and implementation, as well as regular board members with expertise in any of these areas:
- Fundraising, philanthropy
- Human resources
- Corporate Governance
The role of a Luminescence Director includes:
- attending and actively participating in 3 ordinary Board meetings per year and an annual Strategy Day.
- actively participating in other specialised Board committees as relevant (e.g. Finance and Audit)
- providing strategic advice and expertise on matters arising to the Board and management (including monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the organisation’s program and performance, and maintaining accountability and compliance)
- representing and promoting the company and its programs and services to stakeholders, including government, philanthropic supporters and donors, and
- attending performances and fundraising events in Canberra and Sydney during the calendar year.
Please note that Luminescence Chamber Singers is a not-for-profit organisation and Directors are not remunerated. Interstate candidates will be considered.
Please submit an expression of interest including a brief cover letter and your Curriculum Vitae—to AJ America at email@example.com.
By giving to Luminescence, you can help enrich Canberra's musical life and contribute to the continued growth of our artistic and educational programs.
Our donors help to us to undertake increasingly ambitious artistic projects, commission new works, expand our education program and offer bursaries to ensure that any child with the necessary passion and talent can participate in the Luminescence Children's Choir.
Make a general donation to Luminescence Chamber Singers
All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Luminescence is excited to announce our inclusion in the CutCommon subscribers package. If you subscribe to CutCommon for only $2 a month, you'll get 10% off all our concerts!
The CutCommon subscriber discount will not apply to concerts when a third party collaborator has primary control over tickets.