Luminescence Chamber Singers
"The clarity and accuracy of the singing of this group is quite extraordinary"
Len Power, Canberra CityNews
"Sitting up close to a group of singers who offer such a range of musical intimacy and profound vocal qualities might just be the greatest musical experience that can be realised."
Rob Kennedy, Canberra CityNews
"The singing is absolutely spell-binding and the voices divine"
Fiona Loader, Composer
"If laughing were a socially acceptable response to sublime music, I would have been cackling non-stop the entire concert!"
Josephine Gibson, Composer
Keen to keep in touch? Subscribe to our newsletter for concert announcements, early-bird offers, and glimpses behind the scenes.
NEWS FROM LUMINESCENCE
7:00pm Saturday 3 October, Wesley Uniting Church
5:00pm Sunday 4 October, Wesley Uniting Church
Arvo Pärt, An Den Wassern Zu Babel
Thomas Tallis, Lamentations of Jeremiah
Paul Stanhope, Exile Lamentations
Meta Cohen, Sim Shalom
Caroline Shaw, And the Swallow
2019 ANNUAL REPORT
Luminescence Chamber Singers are delighted to present our 2019 Annual Report.
In the midst of this quiet time for singers and musicians, it's a pleasure to look back on 2019 and reflect on many wonderful concerts, tours and new projects. It is a promise of all the music to come when we are able to be together again!
Join our Board of Directors
Luminescence is currently accepting applications for new appointments to our Board of Directors.
Luminescence Chamber Singers Inc. is seeking directors with commitment to the Arts, vocal and choral music, and music education, as well as expertise in in any of these areas:
- Fundraising, philanthropy
- Human resources
- Corporate Governance
The role of a Luminescence Director includes:
- attending and actively participating in 3 ordinary Board meetings per year and an annual Strategy Day.
- actively participating in other specialised Board committees as relevant (e.g. Finance and Audit)
- providing strategic advice and expertise on matters arising to the Board and management (including monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the organisation’s program and performance, and maintaining accountability and compliance)
- representing and promoting the company and its programs and services to stakeholders, including government, philanthropic supporters and donors, and
- attending performances and fundraising events in Canberra and Sydney during the calendar year.
Please note that Luminescence Chamber Singers is a not-for-profit organisation and Directors are not remunerated. Interstate candidates will be considered.
Please submit an expression of interest including a brief cover letter and your Curriculum Vitae—to AJ America at firstname.lastname@example.org.